Thanksgiving is just around the corner, which means it is time to break out your cookbooks and finalize your holiday plans. Make sure to check out the Conejo Valley Turkey Dash with the whole family this season!
The 10th Annual Conejo Valley YMCA Turkey Day Dash is going on at California Lutheran University on November 27th starting at 8 am. There will be two different events to ensure people of all skill levels participate. The 1K Fun Run starts at 8 am and is fun for the whole family. The 5K Run/Walk starts at 8:30 am and features some friendly competition and professional timing! There will also be awards handed out at the end of the race to the fastest male and female runners in the 5K. All of the proceeds help to benefit the Conejo Valley YMCA on their mission to help everyone in the local community, especially the ones who need it most.
The Turkey Day Dash ends early to ensure that everyone is able to get back home and enjoy time with his or her family. Use fresh veggies from your backyard garden to try this delicious green beans with shallots and red pepper recipe after the run!
- 2 16-oz. packages of frozen whole green beans, thawed, or the equivalent from your garden
- ¼ cup butter
- 3 thinly sliced large shallots
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Cook the green beans in boiling, salted water for 3 to 4 minutes, or until they are crisp tender, and then drain.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shallots and bell pepper then sauté for 4 minutes, or until tender. Add the green beans, pepper, salt, and garlic powder. Toss to combine and serve.
Enhanced Landscape Management in Thousand Oaks, California would like to wish you and your family a happy Thanksgiving!