Keep These Magnificent Summer Flowers in Mind
As the start of the summer season gets closer and closer, it is the perfect time to start looking for the right flowers that can help to add a little extra color to your landscape. Consider planning these summer flowers that will make your yard look its best this season all the way until fall.
- Aster – there are very few other plants that will brighten an area of your yard as much as Asters. These perennials will bloom almost nonstop until the fall season, as long as you pick the spent flowers. They are available in many different colors, including lavender, white, and pink.
- Gloriosa daisy – the deep golden petals of these flowers radiate from chocolate centers, making them look like miniature sunflowers. The plants can reach up to 4 feet tall and 1 ½ feet wide. If you are short on space, there are also shorter varieties, such as “Toto” and “Goldilocks” varieties.
- Corepsis – golden, fluffy yellow blooms are the calling card of these summer flowers. The bloom sits on top of tall stems. The dense, compact flowers come in both double and semi double varieties.
- Dahlia – bold blooms that come in a range of vibrant colors, the flowers grow out of tuberous roots. They can come in many different colors, including cactus flowered and red and yellow varieties. The large flowers are great to help provide shade in hot areas of your yard.
- Purple coneflower – rosy purple daisy flowers with knobby orange brown centers resemble small beehives that are sitting atop of bristly, oblong leaves.
For all of your landscaping needs throughout Westlake Village and to ensure that your summer garden is looking its best, contact Enhanced Landscape Management in Thousand Oaks, California. We will work with you to create a beautiful, colorful garden that will be the envy of the neighborhood.