Lawn Free Landscaping
Just because California is in one of the worst droughts in history, it does not mean that you have to live with a dirt bowl yard. There are plenty of landscape designs that can make your yard beautiful without needing too much water. Keep these landscape tips in mind that will help your yard look its best.
- Birding paradise – lay down a crisp layer of decomposed granite bordered with low water, showy plants that attract birds. Choosing the right plants can help to add some color to your yard, as well as make the perfect paradise for anyone who enjoys relaxing and watching native birds.
- Suburban homestead – combining ornamental grasses, water wise succulents, and edibles throughout your yard will create a unique and functional space. Adding a recycled fence and large stepping stones will help the space feel more private and secluded.
- Shady patio garden – sycamore trees create great shade during the summer months that will allow your whole family to enjoy the outdoors. Create a patio using permeable paving and potted plants to help keep your water needs to a minimum.
- Desert front yard facelift – if you have a browning lawn in your yard, rip it up and go for a desert design. Large pavers, drought tolerant grasses, and succulents will help you feel like you are on a vacation every time you step outside.
- No chore backyard – plants and materials that require very little maintenance can help to ensure that you do not have to spend hours each day keeping up with your yard’s needs. Look for bulletproof plants, durable furnishings, and no-fuss flooring to create an escape.
For all of your Conejo Valley Landscaping needs and to ensure that your yard is the envy of the neighborhood, contact Enhanced Landscape Management in Thousand Oaks, California.