Delicious Holiday Cookie Recipe
Happy holidays from Enhanced Landscape Management! While you are setting up for all of your holiday festivities, it is the best time to look for a new, delicious holiday recipe that the whole family will enjoy. Try this tasty chocolate peppermint patty cookie recipe for your next holiday gathering.
- 10 oz. chopped bittersweet chocolate
- 2 oz. chopped unsweetened chocolate
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, cut into chunks
- 3 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ cup flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons milk
- ¾ teaspoon peppermint extract
- About 2 cups crushed and sifted candy canes
- Put the butter and chocolates in a medium metal bowl and set the bowl over a pan filled with 1 in. of simmering water. Cook, stirring occasionally, until melted. Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Whisk in eggs and sugar, mixing until combined. Whisk in flour, salt, and baking powder. Chill the dough, covered, until firm, for about 2 hours.
- Let the dough sit at room temperature for 15 minutes. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Scoop 1-tablespoon portions of dough, rolling each into a ball, and put onto sheets 1 inch apart. Use the palm of your hand to press the dough balls into rounds about ¼ in. thick.
- Bake the cookies until they do not look like they are wet on the top, or for about 8 minutes. Let cool on baking sheets.
- Mix powdered sugar, milk, and peppermint extract until smooth. Spread 1 large teaspoon of peppermint icing onto the flat side of the cookie. Top with the flat side of a second cookie to make a sandwich, pressing together to squeeze the filling to the edges. Roll the edge of the cookie in the candy canes, and enjoy!
All of us at Enhanced Landscape Management in Thousand Oaks, California would like to wish you and your family a very happy holiday season!