Garden Trends To Watch Out For
Just like new housing trends pop up every year, new garden trends also change each year. Garden trends for 2015 are working to help your garden reflect your needs, style, and personality. Keep these garden trends in mind to help ensure that your yard looks its best all year long.
- Clothesline – while it may seem strange to add a clothesline to your backyard, they are coming back into style. Not only will you be able to save money on your energy bill from using your dryer less, but you can also marvel at the beauty and fresh scent of white sheets blowing in the breeze.
- Bed head gardening – working with the natural landscape of your yard will help to give your garden a purposefully un-styled look. The casual look of the landscape helps to express effortless personality, mixed with an “anything goes” attitude.
- Thoughtful gardening – especially important in the drought stricken Southern California weather, thoughtfully and responsibly selecting the right plants will help cut down on your water usage. Also, look for disease resistant plants that require less maintenance to help combat a disease riddled garden.
- Container gardens – more and more plants are being bred specifically for container gardening, especially when it comes to edible plants. Container gardening also allows you to grow food in less traditional settings, such as in front yards, balconies, and porches.
- Roses – roses are still king of the garden. They are able to stand alone in their own garden or mix with other plants to create a very unique looking landscape. The fragrance of roses is also an added bonus.
When it comes to creating your Southern California garden, contact Enhanced Landscape Management in Thousand Oaks, California. We will work with you to make sure that your garden utilizes the latest garden trends and looks its best.