Drought Tips To Keep In Mind!
The California drought is still going strong, and shows no sign of getting any better in the near future. Governor Jerry Brown has announced some of the strictest water restrictions in history to help deal with the lack of water throughout the state. To help do your part to conserve water, keep these drought tips in mind.
- Fix any leaks – leaks both inside and outside your house waste thousands of gallons of water a year. Taking the time to figure out where the leak is coming from and making the necessary repairs will not only help to save water, but it will also help to save money each month.
- Swap out your showerhead – replace your current showerhead with a low flow option to help save water and still enjoy a relaxing shower. Also, try to limit the amount of time that you spend in the shower. Cutting off just one minute from your typical shower time can help you save 2.5 gallons of water a day.
- Fill up your dishwasher – dishwashers get your dishes clean and will save more water than washing your dishes by hand. Only turn on your dishwasher when you it is completely full to ensure that you are not wasting any water.
- Use a broom – instead of rinsing down your driveway or walkway with a hose, use a broom to get it clean. A broom can do just as good of a job as your hose will without wasting any water.
- Consider your washing machine – replacing your old washing machine with a new, energy and water efficient model can help to ensure that you are only using as much water as needed to get your clothes looking their best. Only turning on the washing machine when it is completely full can help to save water.
To ensure that your yard continues to look its best throughout the drought, contact Enhanced Landscape Management in Thousand Oaks, California.