Benefits of Drip Irrigation
Even with the current California drought, it does not mean that you have to have a yard that is completely void of plants. While old style spray sprinklers can get the watering job done, they can also waste more water than they put to use. Installing a newer drip irrigation system is one of the best ways to keep your yard looking its best, while still helping to conserve water.
There are many benefits of converting your irrigation system to a drip irrigation system, including:
- Saving water – drip irrigation systems can use up to 50 percent less water than other watering methods.
- Improved plant growth – watering your plants with a smaller amount of water over a longer period of time helps them thrive. Drip irrigation systems are able to extend the amount of time that your plants are receiving water, while also preventing nutrient runoff and soil erosion. Since drip irrigation offers a continuous flow of water, it is able to penetrate deeper into the soil to reach roots.
- Discouraging weed growth – since the water is only delivered to the area that it is needed, weeds are not able to grow with the excess water.
- Adaptability – if you decide to change the plants in your yard or the location of the plants, your drip irrigation system can be easily changed with it.
- Controlling fungal diseases – when plants get too moist, they can easily fall victim to fungal diseases, as well as spread the disease throughout your landscaping. Drip irrigation systems do not allow for excess water to sit on the plant, reducing the threat of fungal diseases.
For all of your landscaping needs and to ensure that your yard continues to look its best, contact the professionals at Enhanced Landscape Management in Thousand Oaks, California.