Landscaping Your Small Front Yard
If you are working with a small area, creating a beautiful landscape to raise the curb appeal of your home can be difficult. Luckily there are many little tricks that can help you create an eye catching front yard at your home. Keep these tips in mind to create a beautiful oasis in your small front yard.
- If you have a distracting fence around your yard, take it down. A fence encloses the space and takes away from the overall look of the yard.
- Start with a blank canvas by pulling out any weeds or dead plants. Use a shovel or rototill to aerate the soil to ensure that all of your new plants will get the most nutrients out of your soil. If your soil is extremely dry and hard, you may have to add new soil or compost on top.
- Adding a stone path will add both a decorative element to your yard, as well as give you a level, safe walkway to walk from your driveway to your front door.
- Attach a pipe to your downspout and bury it underground to help avoid water from oversaturating your soil, creating a muddy mess.
- Set up the plants while they are still in pots in their desired spot. This will help you make sure that you have enough room for all of them.
- Add a layer of mulch around your plants to help keep them well watered and to help prevent weeds from popping up.
For all of your landscaping needs, whether you are landscaping a small front yard or a spacious backyard in the Conejo Valley, contact Enhanced Landscape Management in Thousand Oaks, California. We can help with all of your landscaping desires to ensure that your yard looks its best at all times!