If you want your garden patch to have the brightest blooms on the block, read on!
Gardening can be a time consuming and expensive hobby – depending on how to you do it! While the Southern California sun is heating up, many people are planting their bulbs and vegetable seedlings.
If you want some cheap, effective, and smart hacks for your garden growing, check out these tips:
- Start seedlings from eggshells: Don’t throw away those used eggshells! Save up and use them to start your seedlings! They house the seeds, self-compost, and add a calcium boost to the soil!
- Use a wine bottle to slowly water plants: Fill an empty wine bottle and put it upside down in your pots or garden. The water will slowly trickle out, keeping everything moist on hot, dry days. Seems to me like a great excuse to buy some wine…
- Put coffee filters at the bottom of containers to keep all the water from draining: Slow down the water drainage by placing a coffee filter at the bottom. Water can still get out, but it will give the soil more time to absorb it.
- Put plastic forks in the patch to deter pets and animals: Plastic forks sticking up from the ground will keep rabbits, squirrels, and raccoons from raiding your crop (even though it looks a little odd!
- Sprinkle baking soda on the soil to sweeten tomatoes: Make your homegrown tomatoes even sweeter this year by sprinkling baking soda on the soil around the plants!
Your garden will be more manageable, enjoyable, and stunning with these nifty tricks! If you’re not quite the horticulturist that you’d like to think you are, contact Enhanced Landscape Management. Our trusty professionals can fulfil all of your landscape management needs in Westlake Village, Thousand Oaks, and Conejo Valley in California.