Use your BBQ with caution and safety.
Now that spring is here and summer is around the corner, the sunshine and the barbeques are out! Americans are notorious for lighting up their grill on a sunny afternoon, but it’s important to remember that barbeques should always be used with safety.
Whether you’re having a family cookout over the weekend, a neighbourhood party, or just enjoying a sunny afternoon, check out these tips to stay safe in grilling season:
- Read the owner’s manual. Always read the manual before using your grill and follow specific usage, assembly, and safety procedures.
- Grills are for outside only. Barbeque grills are designed for outdoor use only! Never barbeque in your trailer, tent, house, or garage.
- Keep the grill stable. When using a barbeque grill, ensure that all parts of the unit are firmly in place and that the grill is stable.
- Divert little ones. Ensure that children and pets stay away from the grill at all times!
- Wear safe clothing. Avoid loose clothing that may have hanging shirt tails, frills, or apron strings that can catch fire.
- Keep the fire under control. Make sure that the flames don’t raise up by spreading the coals out evenly or adjust the controls to lower the temperature.
- Be ready to extinguish flames. Use baking soda to control a grease fire and have a fire extinguisher handy. A bucket of sand or a garden hose should be nearby if you don’t have a commercial extinguisher!
- Never leave the grill unattended once lit.
These tips will ensure you have a fun and safe time using your backyard grill! So you can focus on tending to your grill and enjoying the scenery of your garden, let us take care of the rest of your landscaping.
Contact Enhanced Landscape Management to spruce up your garden for barbeque season! We serve the areas of Thousand Oaks, Westlake Village, and all of the Conejo Valley through top-tier residential and commercial landscaping services.